Support your local community by becoming a CBA member.
Click HERE for our membership application.
The Cordova Bay Association for Community Affairs (CBA) continues to work for the community by monitoring development, promoting improvements, and informing our members on the latest happenings in our community. We have an excellent working relationship with Saanich partly due to our healthy membership of almost 750 which gives us influence when dealing with contentious issues.
In January of 2016 we revised memberships to include all adults 18 years and over residing at the same address. The membership is individual and available to all members of a household who are 18 years of age or older. The price is only $10.00 per household per year. Although this may seem like a drastic increase from $5.00 per person for those with a single membership, keep in mind that our membership rates have not changed in over 10 years. As well, this new membership fee is in line with and still less than many local community associations.
The CBA board of directors and committees are hard working volunteers from the community who are continuously making progress for the betterment of Cordova Bay. All proceeds are returned to the community in the form of grants, donations, and improvements.
You can now pay online or by cheque. Consider a two, three or four-year membership to avoid yearly renewals. Renewals are due at the beginning of each calendar year – our goal is 1000 members. Please help us meet it. The larger our membership, the greater our voice with Saanich Council on issues that affect Cordova Bay.
Advertisers are published in our Business Directory on our website including a company logo and link to your website. For $20.00 per year, also receive an ad in our newsletters and a membership if your business or personal address is in Cordova Bay.
Pay via Interac e-Transfer – advertise your business or join or renew your membership for two, three or five years
You can pay your membership and advertising via Interac e-Transfer from your on-line banking system. This can be done on your phone or computer.
*** Please note you may be charged a service fee from your bank for these transactions if that is your agreement with them ***
- First setup CBA as a contact on your system using the email address of firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then select CBA as a recipient of your money transfer and enter the amount of money you wish to transfer.
- Select to create your own security question and enter – Pay CBA Membership OR Pay CBA Advertising
- For your security answer please enter either membership OR advertising, depending on what you are paying for. You will need to enter it a second time as confirmation.
- Then just select SEND MONEY. You will be notified by your financial institution once we redeem the payment.
By cheque – advertise your business or join or renew your membership for one, two, three or five years
- Mail the Membership Application with the cheque payable to Cordova Bay Association for Community Affairs to:
P O Box 41003
5166 Cordova Bay Road
Victoria V8Y 0A3
- Or put it in the CBA box at the Cordova Bay Pharmacy I.D.A. at 5166 Cordova Bay Road.
Receipts by e-mail or mail are available from:
Your e-mail address is important to us
Please ensure you include your e-mail address with your membership or payment form. This will assist us in communicating with you efficiently and help us avoid postage costs. Many thanks. And, members, if you change your e-mail address, please let us know at email@example.com.
And, don’t forget, if you are a CBA member, we send the Cordovan newsletter to your e-mail address.
CBA Membership Chair: Neil Swart