Message from the Board of Directors
The Cordova Bay Association for Community Affairs (CBA), as per our constitution, is here “to work for physical and social improvement in the Cordova Bay community”.
To that end, the 11-member Board of Directors meets monthly (except July and August). Meetings are open to CBA members. Directors are elected by members at the Annual General Meeting.
Planning and traffic matters represent the bulk of what comes before us.
The Cordova Bay Association for Community Affairs (CBA) was formed in 1976 to govern land use matters within our community of Cordova Bay. The role of the association is as follows:
- To provide opinion to Saanich for development and zoning changes based on the official community and local area plans, the zoning, the submitted documents, remarks from members, remarks from the public at large, our experience with all the other planning issues in the community, and our own experiences.
- To attend council and other relevant meetings on issues of concern to Cordova Bay.
- Provide information and assistance to community residents with issues pertaining to Cordova Bay.
The volunteer board of directors continues to be involved in a number of other activities:
- Receive information about traffic concerns from residents. Link them to the community plan and work to resolve them with Saanich.
- Organise Cordova Bay Day each year.
- Sell memberships and manage a database of CBA members to fund the organisation and to add influence with Saanich.
- Use grants and surplus revenue to add enhancements to our community.
- Provide grants to qualifying non profit groups in Cordova Bay.
- Organise All Candidates Meetings at election time.
- Maintain the Kiosk at the Plaza.
- Arrange community meetings with developers as required.
- Create and manage the CBA website.
- Produce and distribute The Cordovan newsletter several times per year.
- Are active members of SCAN (Saanich Community Association Network).
- Hold at least 10 board meetings per year.