Message from the Board of Directors
The Cordova Bay Association for Community Affairs (CBA) is here to represent the community. In the words of our Constitution “The purposes of the society are to work for physical and social improvement in the Cordova Bay community.”
To that end, the 11-member Board of Directors meets monthly (except July and August). Meetings are open to CBA members. Directors are elected by members at the Annual General Meeting.
Planning and traffic matters represent the bulk of what comes before us.
The Cordova Bay Association for Community Affairs (CBA) was formed in 1976 to govern land use matters within our community of Cordova Bay. The role of the association is as follows:
- To examine all proposals for development and zoning changes to insure they meet the requirements of the Cordova Bay Local Area Plan.
- To attend council and other relevant meetings on issues of concern to Cordova Bay.
- Provide information and assistance to community residents with issues pertaining to Cordova Bay.
The volunteer board of directors continues to be involved in a number of other activities:
- Receive information about traffic concerns from residents. Link them to the community plan and work to resolve them with Saanich.
- Organise Cordova Bay Day each year.
- Sell memberships and manage a database of CBA members to fund the organisation and to add influence with Saanich.
- Use grants and surplus revenue to add enhancements to our community.
- Provide grants to qualifying non profit groups in Cordova Bay.
- Organise All Candidates Meetings at election time.
- Maintain the Kiosk at the Plaza.
- Arrange community meetings with developers as required.
- Create and manage the CBA website.
- Produce and distribute The Cordovan newsletter several times per year.
- Are active members of SCAN (Saanich Community Association Network).
- Hold at least 10 board meetings per year.